Waitlisting is a process where a student can “wait in line” electronically through ASAP for classes that have met their set maximum enrollment (closed).
Being on a waitlist does NOT guarantee registration in the class.
- Waitlisting is available on selected courses only.
- Your position on a class waitlist is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration from a waitlist is not automatic. Check your email daily; if you receive a notification, you will have to login to ASAP and register within 24 hours or lose your position on the waitlist, or if during late registration, you must register within 12 hours.
- Check your holds in ASAP. With most holds, you will be unable to add yourself to a class waitlist or register from a waitlist – even if you have received a notification.
- Be considerate and remove yourself from a waitlist if you no longer want the class.
- For more information, see the Waitlist How To.
When Can I Waitlist?
Fall and Spring: Waitlisting mirrors online registration for Fall and Spring. Please see the appropriate Academic Calendar for the term in which you are interested.
Summer: Waitlisting is not available for summer terms shorter than four weeks. Summer Waitlisting begins when summer registration begins and ends approximately two days before the start of the term.
The Waitlist Program is a collaboration between the Office of the Registrar and the Student Government Association.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.