Every amazing semester begins at registration. These instructions will help you find the courses you need and make registering for them a breeze.
Steps to Register for Classes
1. Verify that you are eligible to register for classes in myUTSA Account (See next section)
2. Search for Classes
3. Register for classes in myUTSA Account
Students will use the New Registration Experience link in myUTSA Account to register for classes We encourage students to view our Registration Guide before their designated registration timeframe to familiarize themselves with the process.
Please note that tuition and fee bills are not mailed. Bills may be obtained through Rowdy Pay in myUTSA Account.
4. View your schedule for accuracy
- Click on “Student Services”
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “Student Detail Schedule” – You can also see your current schedule from the main registration page
5. Add/drop or waitlist classes
*You cannot drop your last class. You must withdraw.
Withdraw from the University
Students will use the existing registration link in myUTSA Account (not in the gray box) under Student Services tab. From the Registration page on, click on the Register for classes, add / drop classes, withdraw from university link and read the information concerning withdraw at the top of the page and follow instructions.
Independent Study and Other Courses Requiring Special Approval
You may not register for Independent Study courses in myUTSA Account. You must obtain an Independent Study Course Form online, in the department office offering the course, or from One Stop. Complete the form, obtain the authorizations, and take the form to One Stop during your designated registration time.
To register for courses that require special approval, contact the advisor or department office authorizing enrollment in the course. In most cases, you can register for the class via myUTSA Account once authorization has been obtained.
- Review the Audit Checklist and complete an Audit Course Form for each course to be audited.
- Approval of the course instructor and the Chair of the Department in which the course is offered is required. Participation of an auditor in class is at the discretion of the instructor.
- Auditors are allowed on a space available basis after all students registering for credit have been accommodated.
- Review the Audit Checklist for detailed audit information.
The Finish@UT is a student’s gateway to online degrees and courses from the participating University of Texas System institutions. The majority of the programs listed in the UTOC Website and offered by UT institutions can be completed entirely online. Any exceptions will be noted on the program information pages. Some programs can lead to a degree, endorsement or certificate conferred by the participating institution, while others are a grouping of courses. Online courses follow a semester-based schedule.
Information on courses and programs can be found on the Online Consortium Website.
Students must be admitted to one of the UT System institutions in order to enroll in the Online Consortium courses. Students should also check with their academic advisors to ensure that enrollments in Consortium courses will satisfy their degree requirements.