Prerequisite Override

In certain circumstances, students may request permission from academic advisors, department chairs, associate deans, and/or instructors to register for a course without having the specified prerequisite completed or in progress. For students to request an override, they must submit a Prerequisite Override Request Form.

What is a Prerequisite?

Many courses require prerequisite courses or placement tests to be completed before you can register for the course. Your myUTSA Account will screen for designated prerequisites on specific departmental courses. Prior to registering for a course, you can check the prerequisites for it in the current catalog by clicking on the course subject or number in the Schedule of Classes.

How to Submit a Prerequisite Override Request Form

  1. Go to the Prerequisite Override Request Form
    Prerequisite Override Request Login Page
  2. Login with your myUTSA ID and passphrase
  3. Your information will be pre-filled. Complete the other fields including the CRN for the course you are seeking a prerequisite override and the reason for the request.
    View of the Prerequisite Override Request Form
  4. Once you hit submit, your request will be automatically routed to your instructor/department. You will receive an email if your request was approved or disapproved.

Call & Chat

Call Us

(210) 458-8000

Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Call volumes may be higher during peak times, but we do have a call back feature!


Click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this website.

Email & Docs

Email US


Email turnaround is approx. 3-5 business days.

Upload A Document

Document Uploader

Upload completed PDF forms (or scan them into a PDF) through our Document Uploader tool.



Monday- Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm (Main and Downtown Campus)

Main Campus

JPL 110
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249

Downtown Campus

FS 2.400
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207


What is one Stop?

The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!