Drops & Withdrawals

We know things can change once you register for classes. Here is what you need to know in order to drop an individual course or withdraw from the semester.

Dropping an Individual Course

Dropping an individual course means you are still enrolled for one or more classes at UTSA for the semester. If you do it on or before the census date for the term you are registered, then it will not show up on your transcript but it may impact enrollment requirements for financial aid. If it’s dropped after the census date for the term, you will receive an automatic “W” for the course on your transcript. There is a deadline to drop courses for each term which is notated on the academic calendar.

Note: There is a six-drop policy for undergraduate students. Review the Student Policies to learn more about it.

How to Drop a Course

You can drop individual classes from your schedule on myUTSA Account. Note: if you are trying to drop a development course, you will need to contact your Academic Advisor.

  1. Login to your myUTSA Account Modern View.
  2. Select the App>Registration link from either the Quick Launch Card or the Registration & Records Card.
  3. Select Register for Classes
  4. Select the term
  5. In the Summary block, click on the dropdown under the Action column for the course you need to drop.  If you are dropping the course before Census Date, select the option for Drop Course-No Grade Web.  If you are dropping the course after Census Date, select the option for Drop Course-Auto W Web.
  6. Click on the Submit button to process the drop.
  7. After you hit “Submit” you’ll see a “Save Successful” message in green at the top right of the page.

Withdrawing from the Semester

Withdrawing means you will no longer be enrolled in any classes for the semester. If you withdraw by the census date for the term, you will not receive a grade on your transcript. After the census date, you will receive a grade of “W” in all classes which will appear on your transcript.

How to Withdraw

If you are receiving financial aid during the fall and spring, are an international student, are a student-athlete, or if you need to withdraw from summer, you must complete the Withdrawal Form and submit it through the Document Uploader.

All other students during the fall and spring can withdraw from classes on myUTSA Account.

If you need to pursue a Medical Withdraw, please review additional information about this process.

Other Important Information

Tuition and Fee Refunds

In order to receive a 100% tuition and fee refund for your courses, you must withdraw before the first day of classes. On the first day of class and after, you will be subject to a declining refund. You can view these dates in the academic calendar.

If it’s after the start of the semester, but it’s due to medical and/or mental health or for military service, please refer to the Student Policies for additional information.

Financial Aid Impacts

Withdrawing from the university may impact financial aid that has been paid to your UTSA bill. Learn more about returning financial aid.

Readmission Policies

If it’s your first time attending UTSA as an undergraduate student, you must attend the semester you are admitted. If you decide to withdraw, you will need to reapply for admission to UTSA. If you are a graduate student, speak to your Graduate Advisor about deferring your start term.

Call & Chat

Call Us

(210) 458-8000

Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Call volumes may be higher during peak times.

Chat With Us

Live Chat

Chat availability may be limited during peak times.

Book An Appointment


Email & Docs

Email US

Email onestop@utsa.edu

Email turnaround is approx. 3-5 business days.

Upload A Document

Document Uploader

Upload completed PDF forms (or scan them into a PDF) through our Document Uploader tool.



Monday- Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm (Main and Downtown Campus)

Main Campus

JPL 110
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249

Downtown Campus

FS 2.400
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207


What is one Stop?

The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!