Latest campus and coronavirus information Roadrunner Roadmap

UTSA Name Change

Official changes to the first, middle, and/or last name will require submission of a Name and ID Number Change form and at least two forms of supporting documentation indicating the new legal name (two primary identifications or one primary + one secondary).

Requests submitted without necessary documentation will not be processed.

Primary Identification (Photo ID) Secondary Identification
State Issued ID Card
Driver’s License
Military ID
Certificate of Naturalization
Birth certificate
Marriage License
Divorce Decree
Court Order
Social Security Card

Students who are current or former employees of UTSA must also visit Human Resources to change their name.

Preferred Name Policy

The University of Texas at San Antonio recognizes that some students prefer to use a first or middle name other than their legal name to identify themselves. Students can submit a preferred name online through the Personal Information tab within their ASAP account.

The Office of the Registrar reserves the right to decline a request if the preferred name is deemed to be inappropriate. Once your preferred name request has been approved by UTSA, it will appear in the following locations:

  • ASAP
  • Blackboard
  • Class Roster
  • Class Photo
  • Mid-term grade report
  • Final grade report
  • UTSA Mobile App

Your preferred name will not appear on your official transcript or your diploma.


Main Campus

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri


Downtown Campus

8:30am-12pm & 1pm-5pm
Closed from 12-1pm


Call Us

(210) 458-8000
1-800-669-0919 toll free

Email Us


Visit Us

One Stop locations are currently closed due to to COVID-19. Reach us via chat or email.

Main Campus

JPL 1.01.04
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249

Downtown Campus

FS 2.400
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207


What is one Stop?

The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, undergraduate admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!