Who can register?
Registration is based on classifications and earned credit hours. Please reference the Fall Registration Schedule below.
- Rows in white are the 1st designated timeframe for a specific group of students.
- Rows in gray are the 2nd designated timeframe for a specific classification group.
When can you register?
Only students indicated below can register during their specified timeframe.
How do you find your earned credit hours?
Log into ASAP, click on Student Services > Registration > Select Term > Check Registration Status. Look for credit hours under EARNED CREDIT; add transfer hours (if any) and institutional hours to get the total.
How do you register?
We have step by step instructions to help you register.
Fall Registration Schedule
|Priority Populations||Registration Start/End Date|
|Eligible Veterans||March 23, 7am – March 25, 6am|
|Honors College Students||March 23, 7am – March 25, 6am|
|ROTC Students||March 23, 7am – March 25, 6am|
|ACP Teacher Certification Students||March 23, 7am – March 25, 6am|
|Undergraduates who applied for fall graduation||March 25, 7am – March 27, 6am|
|All Priority Populations Listed Above||March 27, 7am – March 30, 6am|
|Graduate Students||Registration Start/End Date|
|Doctoral Students||March 23, 7am – March 27, 6am|
|Master’s Students||March 24, 7am – March 27, 6am|
|All Graduate Students||March 27, 7am – March 30, 6am|
|Seniors||Registration Start/End Date|
|120+ credit hours earned||March 30, 7am – April 1, 6am|
|101-119 credit hours earned||March 31, 7am – April 2, 6am|
|90-100 credit hours earned||April 1, 7am – April 3, 6am|
|All Seniors||April 3, 7am – April 6, 6am|
|Post Bacs||Registration Start/End Date|
|Post Bac Students||April 2, 7am – April 6, 6am|
|Juniors||Registration Start/End Date|
|80-89 credit hours earned||April 6, 7am – April 8, 6am|
|70-79 credit hours earned||April 7, 7am – April 9, 6am|
|60-69 credit hours earned||April 8, 7am – April 10, 6am|
|All Juniors||April 10, 7am – April 13, 6am|
|Sophomores||Registration Start/End Date|
|50-59 credit hours earned||April 13, 7am – April 15, 6am|
|40-49 credit hours earned||April 14 , 7am – April 16, 6am|
|30-39 credit hours earned||April 15, 7am – April 17, 6am|
|All Sophomores||April 17, 7am – April 20, 6am|
|Freshmen||Registration Start/End Date|
|20-29 credit hours earned||April 20, 7am – April 22, 6am|
|1-19 credit hours earned||April 21, 7am – April 23, 6am|
|0 credit hours earned||April 22, 7am – April 24, 6am|
|All Freshmen||April 24, 7am – April 27, 6am|
|Non-Degree Seeking||Registration Start/End Date|
|Special/Non-degree seeking Undergraduate and Graduate Students||April 27, 7am – August 14, 5pm|
|Open Registration||Registration Start/End Date|
|Registration open to all eligible continuing and new students||April 27, 7am – August 14, 5pm|
1. Review the Fall Registration Schedule to find your designated registration date and time.
Registration timeframes are based on student classification (your total earned credit hours are those credits completed and do NOT include courses in which you are currently registered).
- Each timeframe is a window of time students can register. It has a start date/time and close date/time for the indicated classifications.
- If you miss your first designated registration time period, there will be a second designated period for all students within your classification.
- If you miss the second designated registration time period, registration opens for all students on April 27, 2020.
2. Prepare ahead of time prior to registration.
- Check your registration status: Log into ASAP to check your current classification and earned credit hours.
- On ASAP, click on the “Student Services” tab
- Select “Registration”
- Then “Check Registration Status”
- From the drop down Select Term menu, choose Fall 2020
- Under the “Earned Credit” section, add “transfer hours” and “institutional hours” together for your total earned credit hours
- Check your holds and prerequisites: Certain holds and prerequisites can prevent registration, so it is highly recommended that students address any holds or prerequisite overrides they have or need prior to their registration timeframe.
3. Register during your designated timeframe.
Log into ASAP: Students must log into their ASAP student portal to register for, add or drop up to 19 semester credit hours. Please note students on probation or academic warning are limited to 13 credits.
Additionally, please note classroom (location) assignments will not be available during registration. Classrooms are assigned approximately two weeks before the scheduled start of the semester.
The Fall 2020 Academic Calendar will be published soon so please check back for Payment Deadlines, Refund Deadlines, Drop & Withdrawal Deadlines and other important dates.
Note: This registration schedule is subject to change.
Waitlisting During Early Registration
- Waitlisting will open and be available on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 7a.m.
- Waitlisting is available on selected courses only.
- During early registration, March 23 – April 26, students will be allowed to add themselves to the waitlist, but notifications will NOT be sent out.
- Notifications will be sent out beginning April 27th at 7a.m.
- Until notifications are sent out, students will remain on the waitlist in their designated spot.
- There will not be movement into classes from the waitlist until April 27 at 7a.m.
- While it may seem there are open seats in courses when students drop, if there is a waitlist, those seats will be reserved for the students on the waitlist. Other students will not be able to register for those open seats.
- Once open registration begins, notifications will be sent out and the waitlist will resume as in previous semesters.
If you have questions about your classification (i.e., freshman, senior, etc.) or registration, contact One Stop Enrollment 210-458-8000 or toll free 1-800-669-0919.
Students with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) holds are advised and registered by TSI Programs. TSI programs can be contacted at TexasSuccessInitiative@utsa.edu or 210-458-4498.