Who can register?
Registration is based on classifications and earned credit hours. Please reference the Spring Registration Schedule below.
When can you register?
Spring 2023 registration starts October 31. Reference the Spring Registration Schedule below to specific timeframes by student classification. You can also print or save this registration schedule PDF.
How do you register?
We have step by step instructions to help you register.
How do you find your earned credit hours?
Log into ASAP and click on the Student Services tab. In the gray box, click on Student Profile to view your overall hours. Specifics are listed under the Hours & GPA tab under the CURRICULUM, HOURS & GPA section.
What courses can I register for?
Important Information about Waitlisting
Waitlisting will be available during early registration, but notifications will not be sent out. Notifications to add courses will be sent out beginning November 16 at 7am. Find out more about waitlisting for Spring.
|Priority Populations||Registration Start/End Date|
|Eligible Veterans*||Oct. 31, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Honors College & Business Honors Students||Oct. 31, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|ROTC Students||Oct. 31, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|ACP Teacher Certification Students||Oct. 31, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Undergraduates who applied for Spring graduation by October 15||Nov. 1, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Graduate Students||Registration Start/End Date|
|Doctoral Students||Nov. 2, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Master’s Students||Nov. 2, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Seniors||Registration Start/End Date|
|110+ credit hours earned||Nov. 3, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|90-109 credit hours earned||Nov. 4, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|All Seniors||Nov. 4, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Post Bacs & Online||Registration Start/End Date|
|Post Bac Students||Nov. 3, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|Online Only Programs||Nov. 3, 7am – Jan. 6, 11:59pm|
|Juniors||Registration Start/End Date|
|75-89 credit hours earned||Nov. 7, 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|60-74 credit hours earned||Nov. 8, 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|All Juniors||Nov. 8, 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|Sophomores||Registration Start/End Date|
|45-59 credit hours earned||Nov. 9 , 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|30-44 credit hours earned||Nov. 10 , 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|All Sophomores||Nov. 10 , 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|Freshmen||Registration Start/End Date|
|10-29 credit hours earned||Nov. 14, 7am – Jan. 6, 11:59pm|
|0-9 credit hours earned||Nov. 15, 7am – Jan. 6, 11:59pm|
|All Freshmen||Nov. 15, 7am – Jan. 6, 11:59pm|
|Non-Degree Seeking||Registration Start/End Date|
|Special/Non-degree seeking Undergraduate and Graduate Students||Nov. 15, 7am – Jan. 6, 11:59pm|
|Open Registration||Registration Start/End Date|
|Registration open to all eligible continuing and new students; Waitlisting Notification begins.||Nov. 16, 7am – Jan. 6, 11:59pm|
*Priority registration will be granted for all eligible veterans and service members who are currently utilizing GI Bill benefits
1. Find your designated registration date and time.
Registration timeframes are based on student classification (your total earned credit hours are those credits completed and do NOT include courses in which you are currently registered).
- Each timeframe is a window of time students can register. It has a start date/time and close date/time for the indicated classifications.
- Registration opens for all students on November 16, 2022.
2. Prepare ahead of time prior to registration.
- Check your registration status & holds: Log into ASAP to check your current classification and earned credit hours.
- Check for prerequisites: Prerequisites can prevent registration, so it is highly recommended that students address any holds or prerequisite overrides they have or need prior to their registration timeframe.
- Stay on track with your degree: We want to make sure you are all set to graduate on time so we recommend using DegreeWorks! You can easily identify courses that have been completed and what courses are still needed in order to fulfill your degree requirements. You can also schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor!
- Use our Schedule Planner: UTSA offers a schedule planner to help you build the best schedule possible as it considers your needs. You can customize it to include your course preferences and block off time you have set aside for work or extra-curricular activities. We highly recommend using the schedule planner to create a personalized class schedule just for you!
3. Register during your designated timeframe.
We encourage students to view our Registration Guide before their designated registration timeframe to familiarize themselves with the process.
Log into ASAP: Students must log into their ASAP student portal to register for, add or drop up to 19 semester credit hours. Please note students on probation or academic warning are limited to 13 credits.
Additionally, please note classroom (location) assignments will not be available during registration. Classrooms are assigned approximately two weeks before the scheduled start of the semester.
View the Spring 2023 Academic Calendar for important information such as payment deadlines, refund deadlines, drop & withdrawal deadlines and other important dates.
Note: This registration schedule is subject to change.
Waitlisting During Early Registration
- Waitlisting will be available starting Nov. 16 at 7am.
- Waitlisting is available on selected courses only.
- During early registration, Oct. 31 – Nov. 15, students will be allowed to add themselves to the waitlist, but notifications will NOT be sent out.
- Waitlist notifications will be sent out beginning Nov. 16 at 7am.
- Until notifications are sent out, students will remain on the waitlist in their designated spot.
- While it may seem there are open seats in courses when students drop, if there is a waitlist, those seats will be reserved for the students on the waitlist. Other students will not be able to register for those open seats.
- Once open registration begins, notifications will be sent out and the waitlist will resume as in previous semesters.
If you have questions about your classification (i.e., freshman, senior, etc.) or registration, contact One Stop Enrollment 210-458-8000 or toll free 1-800-669-0919.
Students with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) holds are advised and registered by TSI Programs. TSI programs can be contacted at TexasSuccessInitiative@utsa.edu or 210-458-4498.