Spring 2020 Registration starts October 21, 2019 and will close January 10, 2020. Eligible students will have certain days and times to register for their spring courses.
Who can register?
Registration is based on classifications and earned credit hours. Please reference the Spring Registration Schedule below.
- Rows in white are the 1st designated timeframe for a specific group of students.
- Rows in gray are the 2nd designated timeframe for a specific classification group.
When can you register?
Only students indicated below can register during their specified timeframe.
How do you find your earned credit hours?
Log into ASAP, click on Student Services > Registration > Select Term > Check Registration Status. Look for credit hours under EARNED CREDIT; add transfer hours (if any) and institutional hours to get the total.
How do you register?
We have step by step instructions to help you register.
Spring Registration Schedule
|Priority Populations||Registration Start/End Date|
|Eligible Veterans||Oct. 21, 7am – Oct. 23, 6am|
|Honors College Students||Oct. 21, 7am – Oct. 23, 6am|
|ROTC Students||Oct. 21, 7am – Oct. 23, 6am|
|ACP Teacher Certification Students||Oct. 22, 7am – Oct. 23, 6am|
|Undergraduates who applied for spring graduation with 80% completion in DegreeWorks||Oct. 23, 7am – Oct. 25, 6am|
|All Priority Populations Listed Above||Oct. 25, 7am – Oct. 28, 6am|
|Graduate Students||Registration Start/End Date|
|Doctoral Students||Oct. 22, 7am – Oct. 23, 6am|
|Master’s Students||Oct. 24, 7am – Oct. 25, 6am|
|All Graduate Students||Oct. 25, 7am – Oct. 28, 6am|
|Seniors||Registration Start/End Date|
|126+ credit hours earned||Oct. 28, 7am – Oct. 29, 6am|
|111-125 credit hours earned||Oct. 29, 7am – Oct. 30, 6am|
|100-110 credit hours earned||Oct. 30, 7am – Oct. 31, 6am|
|90-99 credit hours earned||Oct. 31, 7am – Nov. 1, 6am|
|All Seniors||Nov. 1, 7am – Nov. 4, 6am|
|Post Bacs||Registration Start/End Date|
|Post Bac Students||Nov. 1, 7am – Nov. 4, 6am|
|Juniors||Registration Start/End Date|
|80-89 credit hours earned||Nov. 4, 7am – Nov. 5, 6am|
|70-79 credit hours earned||Nov. 5, 7am – Nov. 6, 6am|
|60-69 credit hours earned||Nov. 6, 7am – Nov. 7, 6am|
|All Juniors||Nov. 7, 7am – Nov. 11, 6am|
|Sophomores||Registration Start/End Date|
|50-59 credit hours earned||Nov. 11 , 7am – Nov. 12, 6am|
|40-49 credit hours earned||Nov. 12 , 7am – Nov. 13, 6am|
|30-39 credit hours earned||Nov. 13 , 7am – Nov. 14, 6am|
|All Sophomores||Nov. 14 , 7am – Nov. 18, 6am|
|Freshmen||Registration Start/End Date|
|20-29 credit hours earned||Nov. 18, 7am – Nov. 19, 6am|
|1-19 credit hours earned||Nov. 19, 7am – Nov. 20, 6am|
|0 credit hours earned||Nov. 20, 7am – Nov. 21, 6am|
|All Freshmen||Nov. 21, 7am – Nov. 25, 6am|
|Non-Degree Seeking||Registration Start/End Date|
|Special/Non-degree seeking Undergraduate and Graduate Students||Nov. 22, 7am – Nov. 25, 6am|
|Open Registration||Registration Start/End Date|
|Registration open to all eligible continuing and new students; waitlisting begins.||Nov. 25, 7am – Jan. 10, 5pm|
1. Review the Spring Registration Schedule to find your designated registration date and time.
Registration timeframes are based on student classification (your total earned credit hours are those credits completed and do NOT include courses in which you are currently registered).
- Each timeframe is a window of time students can register. It has a start date/time and close date/time for the indicated classifications.
- If you miss your first designated registration time period, there will be a second designated period for all students within your classification.
- If you miss the second designated registration time period, registration opens for all students on November 25, 2019.
2. Prepare ahead of time prior to registration.
- Check your registration status: Log into ASAP to check your current classification and earned credit hours.
- On ASAP, click on the “Student Services” tab
- Select “Registration”
- Then “Check Registration Status”
- From the drop down Select Term menu, choose Spring 2020
- Under the “Earned Credit” section, add “transfer hours” and “institutional hours” together for your total earned credit hours
- Check your holds and prerequisites: Certain holds and prerequisites can prevent registration, so it is highly recommended that students address any holds or prerequisite overrides they have or need prior to their registration timeframe.
3. Register during your designated timeframe.
Log into ASAP: Students must log into their ASAP student portal to register for, add or drop up to 19 semester credit hours. Please note students on probation or academic warning are limited to 13 credits.
Additionally, please note classroom (location) assignments will not be available during registration. Classrooms are assigned approximately two weeks before the scheduled start of the semester.
Check out the Spring 2020 Academic Calendar for Payment Deadlines, Refund Deadlines, Drop & Withdrawal Deadlines and other important dates.
Note: This registration schedule is subject to change.
If you have questions about your classification (i.e., freshman, senior, etc.) or registration, contact One Stop Enrollment 210-458-8000 or toll free 1-800-669-0919.
Students with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) holds are advised and registered by TSI Programs. TSI programs can be contacted at TexasSuccessInitiative@utsa.edu or 210-458-4498.