Texas Completion Repayment Grant
The Texas Completion Repayment Grant will support eligible undergraduate Roadrunners pay down any owed balances to help students reach their higher education goals.
Background: UTSA received a $250,000 grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to provide additional aid for undergraduate students who have incurred a balance and fall into one of these scenarios:
- Students with some college, no credential to return to postsecondary education and complete their certificate or degree programs, or
- Students who seek to return to higher education have access to transcripts so that re-enrollment is possible, or
- Supports retention and persistence of enrolled students to meet their academic goals and complete certificate and degree program.
The funds must be applied directly to students’ accounts to help clear institutional-level outstanding balances, including accumulated fees, financial holds, or other university-related unpaid fees of up to $1,000 per eligible student.
The Texas Completion Repayment Grant application is now closed. If you have already submitted an application, you will be notified of your status shortly, via email or ASAP.
Award amounts can vary and will not exceed $1,000. The funds must be applied directly to students’ accounts to help clear outstanding balances of up to $1,000 per eligible student. Please note, that these funds are extremely limited, and funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a Texas resident
- Incurred Institutional-level debt prior to Fall 2021
- Must re-enroll at UTSA or another institution of higher education for Fall 2022 in at least 3 semester credit hours
- Meet Selective Service requirements
- Completes UTSA’s Completion Grant application