Cost of Attendance Adjustments
At times, students may have additional expenses outside of what the cost of attendance covers.
Your cost of attendance includes expenses such as tuition, fees, housing, meals, transportation, books and supplies and personal expenses. If you have an extenuating circumstance that would merit an increase in your cost of attendance, you can submit the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Form for the applicable aid year for us to review. All supporting documentation must be included with the form. The following items can be taken into consideration for an increase in a student’s cost of attendance:
- Child Care Expenses
- Elementary & Secondary Education for Dependents
- Additional Course Costs/Thesis & Dissertation Expenses
- Unusual Medical/Dental/Optical Expenses
- Extended Family Support
- Unusual Debts (non-discretionary)
- Transportation (repairs or round-trip mileage expense that exceed 150 miles traveled per week) – does not include regular car payments, maintenance or insurance
Typically we begin to process Loss of Income forms in May for the next aid year. Processing time will take several weeks. You will be sent a notification of the result to your UTSA email address.