Emergency Aid Application
Emergency Aid is to provide limited, last-resort, financial assistance to currently enrolled degree-seeking students who are experiencing a sudden emergency, accident, or unforeseen event that requires emergency monetary assistance in order to support their ability to stay enrolled and focused on their academic career. These funds are one-time institutional funds that are administered as long as funding is available. Student must be meeting enrollment and financial aid grant requirements to be considered. Those without a FAFSA or TASFA, in an online program, or whose aid is not exhausted, may be offered an emergency loan which will need to be repaid within the semester.
Emergency Aid cannot be requested to pay for the following:
- Tuition and Fees
- Parking Passes or Parking Tickets
- Study Abroad
- Credit Card Bills
- Discretionary (non-essential) spending, such as, but not limited to entertainment, hobbies and leisure/travel-related expenses.
Enrollment and Financial Aid Grant Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Must be enrolled at least half-time at the time of review
- Must be meeting SAP requirements
- Must be degree-seeking (Post Baccalaureate or students seeking a second degree will not be approved)
- Must have financial need within your cost of attendance
- Must have a current FAFSA or TASFA application on file with no rejects
- Must have complete financial requirements
- Must have exhausted all financial aid options
- Due to limited funding availability, additional requests within the same semester will not be approved
Students must provide documentation of recent emergency needs. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
|Semester Application Processing Periods|
|Fall 2023||Spring 2024||Summer 2024|
|9/18/2023 to 12/1/2023||1/16/2024 to 5/3/2024||Dates Coming Soon|
Once the processing period for the term has begun, please allow 3-4 weeks for a response. You will be notified through your UTSA email address. Due to funding limitations, multiple applications and second requests will not be processed or approved.
If you have a current or past-due balance, you will not be approved for Emergency Aid. Emergency Aid funds cannot be refunded directly to the student if there is a balance due.
Additional Resources: For additional resources offered please visit the following links: Emergency Resources, Roadrunner Pantry, Via Bus Pass, Financial Success, Remaining Cost Options, Student Employment