Repeated Coursework

There are some federal regulations that could impact you and limit your eligibility for federal aid when you repeat a class.

You can only receive federal aid for taking a previously passed course one additional time (previously passed course means a grade of D or better).For federal financial aid purposes, repeated courses will not count towards your actual enrollment.

You must also be registered for the minimum credit hour requirement in non-repeated coursework in order to be eligible for federal financial aid each semester.

Example Scenario
You take a course and receive a passing grade of ‘D’, but need a ‘C’ in this course to count toward your degree requirements. You take the course again the following semester and earn another ‘D’.  Although you need to retake the course to earn credit for your degree, you are no longer eligible to receive federal aid for that class.

Additionally, you cannot use that course toward enrollment for financial aid purposes. If you are taking 12 credits hours, including the three credit hours that are considered as a third repeat, then only nine credits will count toward your federal financial aid eligibility. This will affect your cost of attendance and may reduce the amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive.

Call & Chat

Call Us

(210) 458-8000

Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Call volumes may be higher during peak times.

Chat With Us

Live Chat

Chat availability may be limited during peak times.

Book An Appointment


Email & Docs

Email US


Email turnaround is approx. 3-5 business days.

Upload A Document

Document Uploader

Upload completed PDF forms (or scan them into a PDF) through our Document Uploader tool.



Monday- Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm (Main and Downtown Campus)

Main Campus

JPL 110
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249

Downtown Campus

FS 2.400
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207


What is one Stop?

The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!