Many scholarships are awarded by private and public entities outside of and distinct from UTSA. Each of these outside scholarships has its own requirements, deadlines and application procedures. Students research these scholarships independently, but scholarship databases and websites are available under External Opportunities on the UTSA Scholarship Hub to help get you started.
If you are the recipient of any type of award to fund your education from a source other than UTSA, you must report it to Financial Aid & Scholarships as soon as possible by submitting the Outside Scholarship Notification Form. Please keep in mind that if you are receiving financial aid, federal and state regulations require all aid to fit within the student’s Cost of Attendance. The submission of the notification form helps the Scholarships team adjust your awards to fit your cost of attendance accordingly. Visit Cost of Attendance for more information.
Outside Scholarship Donation Station
In the effort to better serve our students and expedite the awarding of their outside scholarships, the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships has created the Outside Scholarship Donation Station. The marketplace was created for outside scholarship donors to submit their scholarship funds without the long wait of a paper check. The donation of funds will only take 2-3 business days through the Donation Station! Through this process, scholarships can be disbursed sooner to the awarded student.
The steps below will be a helpful guide to completing the donation procedure:
- Go to the Outside Scholarship Donation Station website.
- Under Products, select “DONATE” for the Outside Scholarship Donation.
- Enter the amount you plan to donate and click on “Add to Cart.”
- Complete all required information fields on the second page and click “Continue.”
- Review the item in your cart to verify your submitted information. If you plan to donate to more than one student, select “Continue Shopping.” Otherwise, you will select “Checkout.”
- Complete your checkout process with the ACH electronic check payment. Once completed, select “Continue” to receive your confirmation of purchase and receipt.
If any questions arise while submitting a scholarship donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
For outside scholarships that are submitted by paper check, please mail those checks to the address below:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Financial Aid & Scholarships
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Scholarship Scam Warning
Always be alert of potential scholarship scams. Any scholarship asking for a fee or deposit is not considered a true scholarship. You should not have to pay for scholarships. Please visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information website for additional information on how to identify potential scholarship scams.