Confirmation of Independent Status- Active Duty
Your financial aid file has been selected for Confirmation of your Independent Status. This is based on answers you provided on your FAFSA indicating that you are on Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and this status is the sole reason for being classified as Independent. The Department of Education has given UTSA authority to select financial aid recipients for this review process. Participation is mandatory in order to receive federal financial aid funds.
What you should do:
1) Print and complete the Confirmation of Independent Status Form for the appropriate aid year.
2) Submit one of the following:
- Documentation from the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)OR
- Any documentation that indicates you are currently serving and have an “Active Duty” status with the U.S. Armed Forces such as a military duty statement or a copy of your most current orders
Please submit all documents at the same time, and write your name and Student ID at the top of every document. Documentation may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- In person at the One Stop Enrollment Center
- Online via Document Uploader
- Via U.S. mail at:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249
- Drop box locations in the John Peace Library (Main) or Frio Street Building (Downtown)
- Via fax to 210-458-4638
If you have further questions, please contact One Stop Enrollment Center at (210) 458-8000 or toll-free at (800) 669-0919 or send an email to email@example.com.
Call & Chat
Email & Docs
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207
What is one Stop?
The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, undergraduate admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!