Verification of Independent Status – Legal Guardianship

Your financial aid file has been selected to confirm your independent status. This is based on answers you provided on your FAFSA indicating that you are in Legal Guardianship. The Department of Education has given UTSA authority to select financial aid recipients for this review process. Participation is mandatory in order to receive federal financial aid funds.

What you should do:

  1. Print and complete the Verification of Independent Status Form for the appropriate aid year.
  2. Attach all required documentation as indicated on the form according to the item selected. Please submit all documents at the same time, and write your name and Student ID at the top of every document.

Documentation may be submitted in one of the following ways:

  • In person at the One Stop Enrollment Center
  • Online via Document Uploader
  • Via U.S. mail at:
    The University of Texas at San Antonio
    Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
    One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249
  • Drop box locations in the John Peace Library (Main) or Frio Street Building (Downtown)
  • Via fax to 210-458-4638

If you have further questions, please contact One Stop Enrollment Center at (210) 458-8000 or toll-free at (800) 669-0919 or send an email to

Call & Chat

Call Us

(210) 458-8000

Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Call volumes may be higher during peak times.

Chat With Us

Live Chat

Chat availability may be limited during peak times.

Book An Appointment


Email & Docs

Email US


Email turnaround is approx. 3-5 business days.

Upload A Document

Document Uploader

Upload completed PDF forms (or scan them into a PDF) through our Document Uploader tool.



Monday- Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm (Main and Downtown Campus)

Main Campus

JPL 110
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249

Downtown Campus

FS 2.400
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207


What is one Stop?

The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!