Hazlewood Exemption for Spring
The three steps listed below must be complete before the Hazlewood Exemption can be applied to a student’s account.
1. Application submitted and reviewed.
2. Register for classes.
3. Students must meet SAP and/or new academic requirements.
1. Allow about 3 – 4 weeks for your Hazlewood Application to be reviewed. Once your application has been reviewed, you will see one of the following status outcomes on ASAP:
- Application Incomplete – You have been sent an email to your preferred email (account listed on ASAP) indicating what documentation is missing. Stop here and refer to your email.
- Application Complete – It has been determined that all required paperwork was submitted and that you are eligible to receive the Hazlewood Exemption. Proceed to steps 2 and 3.
2. The only other action you must take is register for classes if you have not already done so.
3. Prior to applying the exemption to your account, we will check for the new exemption requirements and for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as of the end of the previous term. If it is determined that the requirements are not being met, we cannot apply the exemption to your account for the term for which you are applying. Refer to your program type on the Hazlewood Exemption webpage to determine what academic requirements you must meet.
If a student has a complete application, has registered for classes, and is meeting all necessary academic requirements in regards to SAP and exemptions, their exemption can be applied based on the dates listed below. If your exemption is not applied to your account by tuition due date, it is advised that you make alternative payment arrangements to prevent cancellation of your registration. For more information, refer to our Hazlewood Exemption webpage.
If you have further questions, please contact One Stop Enrollment Center at (210) 458-8000 or toll-free at (800) 669-0919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call & Chat
Email & Docs
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207
What is one Stop?
The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, undergraduate admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!