GEER Emergency Educational Grant
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Emergency Educational Grant is federal financial assistance for Texas undergraduate students impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic to support them in remaining enrolled in college and on track to attaining their postsecondary education.
These funds are provided through the GEER Fund, a federally funded program and are a form of financial relief to victims of the pandemic emergency. The grant is for the Fall 2020 semester only.
To be eligible for a GEER Emergency Educational Grant, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Texas resident
- Have filed a 2020-21 FAFSA
- Be eligible for Title IV federal student financial aid
- Show financial need as determined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Have suffered a financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Be an undergraduate
- Have either:
- graduated from high school between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020, or
- have been enrolled in coursework at an eligible institution during the 2019-2020 academic year