Texas Reskilling Support Grant
The Texas Reskilling Support Grant will support eligible UTSA undergraduate students who were within a year of graduating but had to leave UTSA due to the pandemic. This grant will support these students to come back and re-enroll at UTSA to complete their degree program*.
Background: UTSA received a $112,500 grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to provide emergency educational aid for undergraduate students affected by COVID-19 who previously stopped out of higher education without completing a degree. This funding will allow these students to return to their institution to get back on track toward graduation.
Award amounts can vary and will not exceed $2,500. This grant funding can only cover tuition and fees per semester through Spring 2022. This is a last-dollar grant program, meaning that it will only cover directly billed tuition and fees that are leftover after other grants and scholarships are awarded. Please note, this funding is given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be Texas residents eligible for in-state tuition as determined by the institution
- Have filed a 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Note: The deadline to submit a 2020-2021 FAFSA for summer has passed.
- Have financial need and are eligible for federal Title IV aid, as determined by the FASFA
- Have affirmed they were affected by COVID-19 by submitting the below acknowledgment form
- Have not been enrolled in an accredited postsecondary institution in the previous academic (long) semester or previous six months
- Have previously been enrolled at UTSA and left in good academic standing
- Be within 12 months (or be at least 50%) of completing one of the eligible degrees*
- Must re-enroll at UTSA in one of the eligible degrees*
*Eligible Degree Programs
- Actuarial Science
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Science and Management
- Criminal Justice
- Cyber Security
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Global Affairs
- Health – Community Health
- Information Systems
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Interior Design
- Management –Int’l Business
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Humanities
- Multidisciplinary Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health
The Office of Strategic Enrollment has pre-identified qualified students. These students will be contacted by email with next steps. If you feel that you meet the above eligibility requirements and have not heard from us, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.