Student’s 2021 Tax Document
For your Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) application, you must submit a copy of your tax transcript or signed 1040 tax return for 2021. We will also need a copy of your spouse’s tax transcript or signed 1040 tax return if you are married. Your financial aid cannot pay your student bill until this process is complete. If you did not work in 2021, please submit a Verification of Non-Filing Letter.
How to Request a Tax Transcript
- Online: You can request a tax transcript by going on www.irs.gov and clicking on the “Get Your Tax Record” button and then the “Get Transcript Online” button
- By phone: You can request a tax transcript by calling 1-800-908-9946 and ask to request a tax transcript
How to submit these documents: You can submit tax documents through the Document Uploader. Below are specifics on which fields to select when uploading your student tax transcript.
- Department: Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Term: Select applicable aid year (e.g. 2023-2024)
- Category: HB 1403
- Category 2: IRS Tax Document
- Document: Student Tax Transcripts
For data security purposes, documents submitted by email or fax cannot be accepted.
Call & Chat
Email & Docs
Monday- Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm (Main and Downtown Campus)
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207
What is one Stop?
The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!