Married After Initial FAFSA Application Submission
Our records indicate you have updated your status from single to married or that you reported the date of your marital status to be after the date you initially completed your FAFSA.
Due to this change, you must submit the following to determine if you can be considered independent for current academic year:
- A copy of your marriage license
- Submit signed tax returns or IRS tax return transcripts for you and your spouse. Note: If you each filed separately, submit both tax returns.
- Attending fall and spring: Fall census date
- Attending spring only: Spring census date
- Attending summer only: Requests will not be considered.
If you were married after the beginning of the New Year, you will be considered dependent for the current academic year and will have to resubmit your FAFSA with parental information.
Documentation may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Financial Aid Document Uploader
- In person at either of the One Stop Enrollment Center counters
- Via mail at:
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- One UTSA Circle
- San Antonio, TX 78249
- Via fax at (210) 458-4638 (Please provide a contact number in the event your fax is unreadable)
- Or, at either of the drop box locations in the John Peace Library(1604) or Frio Street Building(Downtown)
If you have further questions, please visit our Financial Aid Document Uploader FAQ or contact One Stop at (210) 458-8000 or toll-free at (800) 669-0919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call & Chat
Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Call volumes may be higher during peak times.
Chat With Us
Chat availability may be limited during peak times.
Book An Appointment
Email & Docs
Email turnaround is approx. 3-5 business days.
Upload A Document
Upload completed PDF forms (or scan them into a PDF) through our Document Uploader tool.
Monday- Friday 8:30am- 4:00pm (Main and Downtown Campus)
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
501 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78207
What is one Stop?
The One Stop Enrollment Center assists with all questions related to financial aid, admissions and registration. Need help submitting paperwork, want to request a transcript, or verification of enrollment? Our office is here to help!